What Do We Offer?
What we can offer you …
- The chance to 'sell' your organisation to our students, both in terms of volunteering opportunities and in terms of a career choice after graduation
- Access to the knowledge, skills and enthusiasm of our student volunteers
- The option of coming into the University to promote your organisation directly to interested students (information presentations).
A completely free service!
What we will do for you…
- Promote your volunteering roles to our students via www.providevolunteering.org, drop-ins, information presentations etc
- Provide support whenever needed.
- We will review with each partner organisation the impact of our volunteers’ involvement and to look at improvements/ changes that can be made.
- Look at developing and enhancing the role of University volunteers with your organisation.
What we want you to do for us…
Sign up to Provide online and update your organisation’s profile
- Provide a description of each volunteering role.
- Inform us when our volunteers have begun volunteering and when their involvement ends, for whatever reason.
- Fill in and return the evaluation form, for each volunteer, when they have completed their placement with you.
- Induct each volunteer and provide training, where required and insure adherence to health and safety regulations.
- Ensure that you have Employers Liability Insurance/Public Liability Insurance to cover all volunteers.
- Work with volunteers in a non-discriminatory way.
- Provide a named supervisor and regular supervision for each volunteering role.